Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wet Hot American Summer: Revisited

Sometimes, there's nothing like watching a film that falls into my oldie, but goodie, category. Especially when it's one with a cult following, a host of stars who have gone on to conquer the comedic scene and big screen success, and well, Paul Rudd.
That's right, "You taste like a burger, I don't like you anymore."
Please, please, if you haven't seen or heard of Wet Hot American Summer, it's time to check it out.
The film is celebrating its 10th Anniversary this year, so if you have seen it, now is the time to reminisce about the flannel shirt scene, the quick trip to town, and good ol' Victor and his short shorts.
As a product of a summer camp childhood, I can especially appreciate this bug juice and Capture the Flag caper.
The plot centers around perhaps the most critical point of summer camp: The last day. Romances are ending, or beginning in some cases, and the all important talent show needs to be pulled off before everyone leaves. But at Camp Firewood there is a crisis on the way that could just ruin it all.
What happens? Well, I guess you'll just have to watch. In addition to discovering the greatness of Michael Showalter and seeing Bradley Cooper like I've never seen him before, I learned a new way from Wet Hot American Summer.
As barbecue and cabin season approaches in Minnesota, I say there is no better way to spend the next several months than like it's the last day of summer camp. Then, meet me at the picnic table in 10 seconds and we'll write all about it in our gournals.


No comments:

Post a Comment